Sunday, February 17, 2013

Saskatchewan with too many players on the ice

Team Sasky at the Scotties is playing as a fivesome. Or perhaps a four-and-a-halfsome. As Jim Morris details on Yahoo.ca, Kara Johnston, the third on the team is playing with a slight touch of pregnancy. Despite being seven months along, she's doing just fine

"I've never been concerned," said the 36-year-old from Lloydminster. "My body has grown through the season. Everything has naturally progressed.
"I feel good out there. I feel better in a hack than tying shoes."
There have been plenty of pregnant curlers at the Scotties before and also young moms, which this year would include Jennifer Jones. It's a rather remarkable feat, by my measure. Although best leave it to skip Jill Shumay to give it perspective.

"We're pregnant, not dying," said Shumay. It's all good.
"Your body slowly adjusts. It's not like you hop in the hack for the first time seven months pregnant." 



No comments: